Back|Seat Company is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. The following policy lays out the manner in which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We take information security seriously and use reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use the information we collect online.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
The following data may be collected, transferred, or processed by us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms including online product purchases on our site www.backseatcompany.com (“our site”).
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNICAL INFORMATION
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use information collected from you in the following ways:
- To ensure a proper and effective presentation of web-content for you and for your device.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services, which may be of interest to you, and they or we may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services for other products we sell or are similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
How we use and disclose this information:
We may use the information you provide us in order to respond to your inquiries about our services and to send you periodic updates about our product line. We may also use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our publications and websites and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze website usage.
We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or subpoena. We may also disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request. We may use third-party partners to help operate our website and deliver our products and services, and may share your information with our service providers and other third parties that provide products or services for or through this website or for our business. In the event that BackSeat Company LLC or all or substantially all of its assets relating to the website are acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, consolidation or liquidation, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that personally identifiable information that we collect will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Notice.
Because we operate internationally, and many of our computer systems are currently based in the United States, your personal information will be processed by us in the U.S., where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world, such as the European Union and Canada.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If BackSeat Company LLC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of BackSeat Company LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from Third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. You should consult the other websites’ privacy notices, because we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. The inclusion of a link to a third-party website does not imply endorsement of the website by BackSeat Company LLC or any association with the third-party website’s operators.
This Privacy Notice may be changed by BackSeat Company LLC. The revised Privacy Notice will be posted to this page so that you are aware of the information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we may disclose it. We encourage you to periodically check and review this page so that you know what information we collect, how we use it and to whom we disclose it. Under certain circumstances (for example, in connection with certain material changes), we may also elect to notify you of changes or updates to our Privacy Notice, or to request your consent for such changes, by additional means, such as posting a notice on the front page of our website or sending you an e-mail.